Limited Edition Neopets
If a Neopet says “Limited Edition” under it this means that there are only a certain number of them in Neopia. These pets are, according to Neopets guidelines, released from â€œtime to timeâ€. What this means is that a specific number are released on each of the Neopetâ€™s special day. For example, Chombys on Chomby Day or Tonus on Tonu Day. Rarely, Neopets will release Limited Edition pets randomly through out the year.
Limited Edition pets are just like regular pets, except they are only available through Create a Pet on their given day. Regular pets are available at any time. Here is a list of the Limited Edition pets along with their special days:
Chomby Day – March 22nd
Cybunny Day – April 27th
Hissi Day – May 4th
Jetsam Day – October 16th
Kiko Day – July 17th
Koi Day – May 25th
Poogle Day – September 19th
Tonu Day – February 21st
Then there are 2 other limited edition Neopets that also qualify as restricted Neopets. They are:
Grundo Day – August 24th
Lutari Day – April 19th
With the exception of the Grundo and Lutari, which will be explained later, the way to go about getting your limited edition Neopet is to go to the Create a Pet page and create it on it’s special day. But you have got to be quick, because when they are gone, they are gone!
Fortunately for all of us, there are other ways to get limited edition Neopets. (These methods can be a bit costly, so make sure you have plenty of neopoints on hand!):
– Morphing Potions: for use on existing Neopets. These come in various colors and are specific to the Neopet. For example, use a Kiko Morphing Potion to turn your Gelert into a Kiko.
– Transmogrification Potions: for use on existing Neopets. These work in the same way as Morphing Potions, except you donâ€™t have any control over the color. You may want to have a Paint Brush handy if you donâ€™t like Mutant.
– Magical Plushies: if you let your Neopet play with a Magical Plushie, it will turn into the species and color of the toy. For example, if your blue Blumaroo plays with a Magical Green Kiko Plushie, it will turn into a green Kiko. The magical plushie is only good for one use. It becomes a regular toy when the magic is gone. Buyer Beware! There are regular plushies that look exactly like the magical ones â€“ make sure it says Magical in the name if you want to transform your pet.
– Mysterious Swirly Potion: this potion is caught from the Underwater Fishing cavern once you reach a certain level. The potion will randomly turn your Neopet into a Chomby, Cybunny, Kiko, Koi, Jetsam, Poogle, Tonu or Hissi. The color of the new pet will be the same as that of the one you changed, unless that color is not available for the new pet, in which it will become a random basic color.
– Lab Ray: this method is random, and time consuming, and can be very expensive. You donâ€™t know what pet you will get, and it doesnâ€™t, if ever, happen the first time.
Restricted Neopets are slightly different from limited edition Neopets; you cannot get them on a special day, so you need to find out the secret way to create that particular Neopet. Very rarely, you MIGHT be able to find one in the Pound.
Restricted pets are the rarest pets in all of Neopia. The Draik and Krawk are true restricted pets. The Grundo and Lutari fall into both the restricted and limited categories. Letâ€™s talk about them one at a time, and how to get them. Before taking any of these steps, make sure you have 3 pets or less. Be warned! Restricted pets, and the means to create them, is very expensive!
The Draik is one of the rarest pets in all of Neopia! So how do you get one?
Buy a Draik Egg. These Eggs come in Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Zombie, Ice, Lost Desert, Mystery Island, Pirate and Darigan. You can purchase an Egg at the Meridell Food Shop, or from the Trading Post.
After you have your Egg, take it to the Draik Nest, located in Meridell, where it will hatch into a cute little Draik! (And after your Draik has hatched, take it back to the Draik Nest, and receive an avatar).
Use a Draik Transmogrification Potion on an existing pet. You can get one at the Trading Post, or in the Auctions. You will probably have to buy a Paint Brush as well to make your Draik look as you prefer. Unless, of course, you might like the Mutant look!
Use a Draik Morphing Potion on an existing pet. This option allows you to choose which color Draik your pet turns into. There are several colors to choose from such as red, green, blue, yellow, purple, Ice, Darigan, Skunk, Starry, Plushie, Ghost and Fire.
The easiest and most common way to get a Krawk is:
Give a Krawk PetPet to one of your Neopets. You can buy one at the Tyrannian PetPet Shop, or buy one from the Trading Post or Auctions. Go to the Pet Quick Reference page, click on the Krawk PetPet and name it. Make sure the name is what you want your new Krawk to be named. Once named it cannot be changed. Take your pet to the Fungus Cave on Krawk Island and feed your pet some of the fungus. Your pet will become a Krawk. Whatever color the Krawk PetPet is, that is the color your new Krawk pet will be. (Then take your new Krawk back to the Fungus Cave to receive the avatar).
Use a Krawk Transmogrification Potion on an existing pet.
Use a Krawk Morphing Potion.
Buy a Magical Krawk Plushie. These come in blue, green or red. Allow the pet you want to become a Krawk play with it. Once your pet has turned into a Krawk, the plushie becomes a regular plushie and is no longer magical.
In addition to the basic red, yellow, green and blue colors, Grundos are unique among Neopets in that they can also be created in white, brown, and purple. Also, Grundos are the only species which has an intelligence level of Dim Witted when adopted.
To get one:
Go to the Space Adoption Agency on Virtupets Space Station. Click the Adopt a Grundo button, type the name you want for your Grundo, choose the color and gender from the drop down boxes, and press â€œAdopt Him/Herâ€. (You can change your Grundoâ€™s color with paintbrushes if you wish).
Lutaris cannot be pounded or transferred; they will simply run away when they are abandoned. This makes the Lutari notoriously hard to get.
Lutari come from Lutari Island, and the Lutari and Lutari Island can only be accessed by mobile phone service.
Didn’t you use to be able to get a draik through the pet laboratory map?
Pingback: Neopets and Jewellery Merchants Connection Test | ABSARA DWI YANUARTO
Wow, such babies. Do you realize that most magical plushies are worth millions? The cheapest one is, like, 400k-1mil. And potions are very hard to get, most at least 500k. I’ve been on Neopets for 5 years now, and I’m pretty sure during that time I’ve learned what is expensive and what is not.
My un is tayloi, in case any of you want to neomail me or join my guild.